Subject: RE: fork() problem with sockets
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

10 Dec 1997 23:37:02 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "'Duran'" <[email-masked]>

Duran wrote:
> Problem: The fork child does not inherate the file descriptors when 
working whith sockets.
>
> How to reproduce the problem: Just create a socket server, accept a 
connection and fork, you will notice that the child will not be able to use 
the sockets declared before the forking.

The problem is Win95 specific. Winsock's socket() call returns 
non-inherittable socket handle on W95. Dowload patched cygwin.dll from my 
web page.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".