Subject: Re: wind river and cygnus - what is the relationship?
From: [email-masked]

10 Dec 1997 21:41:54 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

In gnu-win32 [email-masked] (Kevin Hughes) writes:

>I recently obtained an NT hosted version of the VxWorks and think
>that there may be some potential incompatibility with the gnu95
>system. It appears that there is a cygwin.dll shipped with the
>VxWorks system - I presume for running the gnu tool chain. It is
>dated June 96 so I guess it is old BUT it appears to have extra
>functionality - mmap appears to be there.

My impression is that Wind River Systems picked up an earlier version
of cygwin32, made some local changes, and shipped it with their
product.  As far as I know, WRS has never contributed anything back to
the mainline sources at Cygnus.

It is quite likely that you will have problems trying to run two
different versions of cygwin.dll simultaneously; I believe this will
work somewhat better in the upcoming b19 release.

I expect that if you want more information about what WRS ships you
will have to contact WRS.

Ian
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".