Subject: mount -b C: / breaks /etc/profile &friends
From: [email-masked] (Bruce S. Skinner)

10 Dec 1997 19:28:37 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I have been having troubling building the terminfo database required by
ncurses and have been told I need to have disks mounted text=binary for it
to work.  After I do "mount -b c: /" bash starts really having trouble.
All the alias' defined in .bash_profile break and when I set PS1 the cursor
goes back to the beginning of line after writing the bash prompt.  It
appears that carriage returns are being read from the .bash_profile as data
instead of indicating end of line.  Is there a fix for this? Environment is
gnuwin32 b18.5 & WinNt4.0.

regards :-)
Bruce S.

        Bruce S. Skinner                | [email-masked]
DEFENCE RESEARCH ESTABLISHMENT ATLANTIC | [email-masked]
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA, B2Y 3Z7 | (902) 426-3100 x205 or 538-1765
"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed without any
other reason but because they are not already common."    John Locke
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".