Subject: b18: "Exception trapped" from cat
From: [email-masked] (Cliff Krumvieda)

10 Dec 1997 15:59:18 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hello:

I've received the attached "exception trapped" report and trace from
cat.exe several times.  I am running beta 18 under NT 4.0.  I wish I
could produce a repeatable test case, but the error is not
deterministic.  I'm running a perl script that invokes cat.exe maybe
25 times; I usually get the trace at least once per run, but from
different sub-invocations of cat.exe.

					--Cliff Krumvieda

(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) In cygwin_except_handler
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) Exception trapped!
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) exception C0000005 at 10011E58
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) exception: ax 1D bx 1 cx 240F31C dx 0
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) exception: si 0 di 240F280 bp 240F234 sp 240F22C
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) Stack trace:
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 0: sp = 0x240F060, pc = 0x1000CEC2
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 1: sp = 0x240F07C, pc = 0x77F94072
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 2: sp = 0x240F0A0, pc = 0x77F88A53
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 3: sp = 0x240F12C, pc = 0x77F75E82
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 4: sp = 0x240F234, pc = 0x100219C4
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 5: sp = 0x240F250, pc = 0x10031648
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 6: sp = 0x240F260, pc = 0x10031582
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 7: sp = 0x240F2C0, pc = 0x1002E637
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 8: sp = 0x240F2D0, pc = 0x100305B4
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 9: sp = 0x240F2F8, pc = 0x10027891
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 10: sp = 0x240F328, pc = 0x4036CD
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 11: sp = 0x240F3A0, pc = 0x1000C102
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 12: sp = 0x240FF94, pc = 0x1000C113
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 13: sp = 0x240FFA0, pc = 0x4045D5
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 14: sp = 0x240FFB0, pc = 0x40103B
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) frame 15: sp = 0x240FFC0, pc = 0x77F1AFC1
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe 1000) End of stack trace (more stack frames may be present)
TMS: Compare error: code = 0
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".