Subject: Re: date in a backgrounf task ?
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

10 Dec 1997 15:59:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Joop,

[...]
>> I'm trying to use "date" in a batch file, which is called by an NT service
>> (Legato Networker save). Whenever the date command gets started, it sits
>> there doing nothing, leaving the batch file waiting forever. Only way to
>> get the batch running further is to kill date.exe from taskmanager.
[...]
>Looks like a rights problem to me. Programs started from services use
>the 'SYSTEM' account which doesn't have much rights. Looks like you need
>to create a special account and tell the service to use it. Open
>control-panel/services, find your service, select it, choose 'Startup'
>and change 'Logon as'.

The Networker service, which runs that batch, has its own userid with
all necessary permissions.

>Another problem you could have is that 'date' is waiting for you to
>press enter, meaning your redirection is somehow wrong.

It is not the DOS or NT date, I am calling - it is that one from the
Cygnus cdk, which does not need any input.
And I specified the complete path when calling date.exe - so I don't think
this is the problem either.

Thx anyway for your answer.

>
>Joop

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".