Subject: Re: _beginthread Problems with win95 and mingw32 using C++
From: [email-masked] (John Miller)

8 Dec 1997 16:45:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: GNU-Win32 <[email-masked]>

Dear Frends,

Thank you to all of you who were kind enough to lend a helping hand (esp. Colin
Peters).  For those of you intrested in the final solution here it is

1.)   I change the Process.h file declairation of _beginthread by removing the
__cdecl__  this satisfied the cpp error about 'name type' declaired as function
returning function.  (I think this problem is also fixed in the lates snapshot?)

2.)  I am still puzzled by the link error.  the function does seem to be within the
extern "c" block so it shouldn't be mangled but I can't seem to get it to link.
Insetad I Downloaded the mingw32 version of egcs 1.00  and I was able to get the
code to compile correctly therefore I am not going to worry about this for now.

Once again thank you to all of you for you comments and sugestions.

John Miller
<[email-masked]>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".