Subject: Re: More on getting coolview-bash to work with emacs
From: [email-masked] (Guy Gascoigne - Piggford)

8 Dec 1997 14:23:18 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: "Earnie Boyd" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

At 08:11 AM 12/8/97 PST, you wrote:
>I don't use emacs so I don't know if this can be done; but, if you can 
>configure emacs to send bash a \n instead of a \r\n then it should work.
>
>I believe that Sergey's newest versions of bash forces binary mode 
>always.  Is this correct Sergey?  Or is it controlled from cygwin.dll?  
>Depending on Sergey's answer you could retrieve the sources for bash and 
>make them yourself checking the line received for the \r\n combination.

I was planning to do this, but rather wanted to limit the number of changes
in the bash source itself if there was some other 'configuration' way of
fixing it.

Thanks - Guy

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".