Subject: select function on NT
From: [email-masked] (Stiphane Guiboud-Ribaud)

8 Dec 1997 06:13:33 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

I'm currently trying to port an UNIX middleware on Windows NT platform,
and I'm met the problem of the 'select' function which is not the same
on Windows NT and UNIX.
On Windows NT file descriptor passed to the select function is mainly
restricted to SOCKET object.
Do the select function in Cygnus support file descriptor (concerning
file, pipe or socket) ?
If not, regarding the Win32 API, how can I know if a file handle (or a
handle object) is ready to read/write ?

--
--------------------------------------------------------------
Stephane Guiboud-Ribaud                         NETMANSYS S.A.
                                      http://www.netmansys.fr/
mailto:[email-masked]          http://www.netmansys.com/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".