Subject: Problem with libwsock32.a
From: [email-masked]

7 Dec 1997 23:21:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

I set up a dual cygwin/ming system and compiled the slrn news reader using
a ming-compiled libslang and libtermcap and libwsock32.a that is common to
ming and cygwin.  When I started to run slrn.exe, I got the following:

======================================================

slrn 0.9.4.3 (Dec  7 1997 23:59:53)

Reading startup file ./slrn.rc.
Connecting to host news3.ibm.net ...news3.ibm.net: Unknown host.
slrn fatal error:
Failed to initialize server.

=======================================================

Now, I know that slrn.exe compiles and runs successfully using other
Windows compilers and wsock32.dll.  So, this experience makes me distrust
libwsock32.a, especially since early link tests indicate that libwsock32.a
points several different socket calls to the same entry points. Any
constructive (non-denial, non-blaming) comments?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".