Subject: Re: BUG: stdin not a constant
From: [email-masked] (ANAZAWA Akio)

7 Dec 1997 23:21:45 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi, raf.

In message "Re: BUG: stdin not a constant"
    on 97/12/08, raf <[email-masked]> writes:

raf> stdout is probably defined as "(&__iob[1])" which is just an
raf> expression because of the parentheses. #undef it a #define it as
raf> "&__iob[1]" which is a constant.

This solution seems meaningless with three reasons.

(1) When expression a was constant, "(a)" should be still remaining as
constant (expression). If your idea was correct, we may couldn't write
following statement as global variable definition/initilizer.

	int n = (0);

(2) Actual definition of stdout came from Cygnus (b18) is;

	#define	stdout	(_impure_ptr->_stdout)

(3) Your solution (remove parentheses) still causes same error
message.

Why don't you see actual stdio.h file? And, why don't you try -E
option of gcc?

# Forgive me if my expression brings unpleasant feelings to someone.
# Still I couldn't realize tone of English expressions.

-- 
          @___                                    [email-masked]
          c>//_  ---     Human Interface Communications Co.,Ltd.(H.I.C.)
         (_)\(_)  ---        Phone +81 3 5467 2401 / Fax +81 3 5467 2402
------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".