Subject: Newsgroup it!
From: [email-masked] (Norm Peterson)

5 Dec 1997 20:58:04 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Gnu-Win32 Mail List <[email-masked]>

Well, I started to investigate writing scripts to do the mail <--> news
transferring.  My first step was to upgrade my version of INN on my
Linux box.  Then, lo and behold, there on ISC's ftp site is a little
file called newsgate.tar.Z.  The second paragraph in the README from
this mysterious file is this:

     With these programs and the right set of mail aliases and news sys
and
     active file entries, it is possible to build any set of moderated,
     unmoderated, one-way, or bi-directional gateways between any set of
news
     and mail groups and lists that your little heart desires.

I'll set it up and further see how well it works.  I would offer to do
it, but I don't think my little modem would handle too much traffic. 
So, is there anyone willing to donate a little bandwidth/cpuage to start
a private newsgroup mirror?

For any interested, the url is
ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/inn/contrib/newsgate.tar.Z
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".