Subject: problems w. symbol redeclarations
From: [email-masked] (Stephen Reuss)

5 Dec 1997 20:57:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I have a c++ program with which I am using the meschach vector/matrix
library, and I am having troubles with the redeclaration of the pair
structure.  The compile command and error recieved are:

g++ -c -D__GNU_COMPILER -DWIN32 -D__WIN32__ -DWINDOWS -O2 -funroll-loops
-fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math
-malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2
-I/usr/Programs/Mesa-2.5/include  -I/LIBS/mv++/include
-I/usr/Programs/Meschach/include coef.c

In file included from /usr/Programs/Meschach/include/sparse2.h:36,
                 from coef.c:109:
/usr/Programs/Meschach/include/sparse.h:66: `struct pair' redeclared as
different kind of symbol
E:\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/pair.h:35:
previous declaration of `template <class T1, class T2> struct
pair<T1,T2>'
/usr/Programs/Meschach/include/sparse.h:66: `typedef struct pair pair'
redeclared as different kind of symbol
E:\\gnuwin32\\b18\\H-i386-cygwin32\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../../include/g++/pair.h:35:
previous declaration of `template <class T1, class T2> struct
pair<T1,T2>'
g++: Internal compiler error: program cc1plus got fatal signal 33
make: *** [coef.o] Error 1

Is there any way of forcing the compiler to use the desired (meschach)
version of the pair structure?  Perhaps there is a way to omit the
system pair.h header - is this a smart thing?

Thanks in advance...

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Stephen Reuss                               =====  ======  =====
  M.A.Sc.  student, Mechanical Engineering   ==      ==      ==  ==
  University of Waterloo, Canada             =       =====   ==   =
  E-mail: [email-masked]        ==      ==      ==  ==
  Phone : (519)888-4567 X3859                 =====  ==      =====
  Fax   : (519)888-6197                         *** G R O U P ***
---------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".