Subject: -fallow-single-precision: can't get to work
From: [email-masked] (Fergal Shevlin)

5 Dec 1997 15:22:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I have some code (generated by f2c) which needs to be compiled such
that operations with floats are not promoted to double. The
gnu-win32/b18 gcc 2.7.2 -fallow-single precision flag does not seem to
have any effect, i.e. the numerical results produced after having used
it are the same as those produced without it. This is not the case
when the same code is compiled with the OSF and Solaris cc compilers
with and without the -float and -fsingle options respectively.

Does anybody have any idea how I can get this option to work? It has
taken me a long time to diagnose this as the problem so I would really
appreciate some help.

Fergal
====================================================================
Fergal Shevlin                    Phone: +353-1-6081209 Fax: 6772204 
Dept. of Computer Science                      http://www.cs.tcd.ie/
Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.         [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".