Subject: Compiling for Win32 API
From: [email-masked] (Himilcon de Castro Carvalho)

5 Dec 1997 14:49:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Gnu-Win32" <[email-masked]>

Hello,

I have tried to compile a Windows version of "Hello World", called
winnie.cpp
written by  Bartosz Milewski, 1995, with the command:

c++ -DSTRICT  -o winnie.exe winnie.cpp

Compilation results in many errors about undefined references, like the
following:

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0x8f):winnie.cc: undefined reference to
`GetMessageA@16'

Since I have never programmed for Windows (but only for Unix and XWindows),
and I'm not used to specific include files or libraries in this case, could
someone give me some hint about what I should do?

Thanks,

Himilcon

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".