Subject: Re: Too Much Mail Volume
From: [email-masked] (Norm Peterson)

4 Dec 1997 23:13:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Gnu-Win32 Mail List <[email-masked]>

Michael Anderson wrote:
> 
> If this mailing list does get moved to a newsgroup, the mailing list
> should continue also. Many ISPs outside the USA don't offer newsgroups,
> but I suspect that all have email.

Certainly, no one's suggested doing away with the mail list.  Also, the
reason I mentioned just making an alt.* group is for speed, doing away
with the comp.* required voting, waiting, etc.  Scripts to do the proper
forwarding to/from the list/group wouldn't be that difficult to make
(there may even be some out there already).  Anyone who doesn't get (or
just doesn't like) reading/posting via the group would still get
everything via the mail list.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".