Subject: Too Much Mail
From: [email-masked] (Mark Newnham)

4 Dec 1997 20:54:54 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'gnu-win'" <[email-masked]>

Just another opinion.....

I have internet mail delivery to my desktop.
I have no access to newsgroups
I have a tediously slow Internet connection

so, for those of us (and there are many) without news, moving the group
to news basically kills our involvement with the list. 

Moving the system to an archive server seems a retrograde step, as it
means we have to continually make the effort to check what's new - and
just seeing new topics is for many a useful learning experience. 

My vote would be to retain the status quo, but if we have to go to a
newsgroup, can somebody put a mail feed in that would forward all
postings to those of with no access,  and also allow us to post the
group that way.

Regards

Mark
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".