Subject: Re: Do we need commercial advertisements in the gnu-win32 list?
From: [email-masked] (Tomas Fasth)

4 Dec 1997 05:51:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Jason Zions <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Jason Zions wrote:

> According to your position, Tomas, I'm not even allowed to respond to
> this set of assertions. How sad.

Well Jason, I hate censorship. So please respond as you like, as long as
you use a common sense of what's within the scope of this list and
what's not.

I honor free speach and all such that goes with basic human rights. And
I don't feel good about making this into a fight between you and me. But
I thought there was a reason for naming this list GNU-win32. GNU stands
for certain fundamental principles. Commercial binary-only software is
not part of it as I understand.

I respect you as a frequent contributor to this list and consider you an
individual among individuals, but not a representative for your company.
And that's the whole point. Please don't trade your well deserved
reputation in this community of freeware consumers and contributors for
some possible marginal gains in sales of your company's commercial
products. Not doing this might affect your personal earnings in some
way, but that goes for everybody on this list I guess. I consider
keeping a low commercial profile a proper behavior on a list like this.

Sorry for making you feeling sad.

Tomas
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".