Subject: Re: Shell-Here Explorer context menu
From: [email-masked] (SRE)

4 Dec 1997 02:53:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: [email-masked] (SRE)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

At 04:52 AM 12/03/97 -0500, Robert Seeger wrote:
>Very nice. I like this. I've wished for this type of thing for a while, but
>didn't know how to do it. Thanks. . .

I'm fairly new to this list, so hopefully I'm not asking a stoopid
questiont that's been asked and answered recently...

Opening a shell is nice, now how about drag-and-drop paths? Is there a
semi-convenient way to drag a file out of Explorer and drop it into a
bash window? The default behavior is to have paths like "D:\temp\file.txt"
which bash (of course) interprets as "D:tempfile.txt" or worse since the
backslashes are not seen as directory separators. It should be seen as
"//d/temp/file.txt", right?

This same thing is a problem when trying to use utilities like diff from a
(NT) command shell, or double-clicking on an icon that's supposed to start
a script, or dragging a file onto an icon. Anything with file names as arguments.

SRE

mailto:[email-masked] -or- mailto:[email-masked]

"The only possible interpretation of any research whatever
  in the `social sciences' is: some do, some don't."
		-- Ernest Rutherford

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".