Subject: BUG: stdin not a constant
From: [email-masked] (Peter David ROSS)

3 Dec 1997 19:41:23 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

The following code doesn't compile. 

------
#include <stdio.h>

static FILE *out = stdout;

void main(void)
{
    /* out = stdout; */
    fprintf(out, "hello world\n");
}
------

It gets the following error message:
test.c:3: initializer element is not constant

The fix is to remove the initialiser and add the line which is commented
out.

However the code I am trying to port has these sort of variables spread
all over the place, and I would like to know if there is someway I can
get the compiler to treat it as a constant.

Pete.
----
 +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
 | Peter Ross    Sci/Eng Melbourne Uni                                  |
 | email: [email-masked]     WWW: http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~petdr      |
 +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".