Subject: *** can't find configure.in... with coolview
From: [email-masked] (Parker, Ron)

3 Dec 1997 19:32:58 -0800
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=Butler_Manufactu%l=BUILDINGS/BLDGSHUB/[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Given this directory hierarchy,
~
+--- src
|     +--- cdk	<-- Original b18 cdk source w/o patches
+--- obj
      +--- cdk

and these commands,
	cd ~/obj/cdk
	time ~/src/cdk/configure -v 2>&1|tee config.log

I receive the following output message
Configuring for a i386-pc-cygwin32 host.
*** Can't find configure.in.  Try using --srcdir=some_dir

Yet, if I specify the source directory I receive an "Invalid source 
directory" message.

I am using B18 with nothing but the 03-Nov-1997 coolview installed on 
top of it. I have only the environment variables specified in the 
readme, HOME=/home/rdparker and CYGWIN_TTY=1. I have tried Windows NT 
4.0, 4.0 sp 3, and NT 5.0 Beta 1. Everything works as advertised 
without coolview.

I have seen a number of messages indicating a successful compilation 
of the CDK with coolview and Sergey's coolview-src.tar.gz installed. 
This is all that I am trying to do. I have been cross compiling from 
Linux, but need to be able to configure and build from Windows 9x or 
NT [45].

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".