Subject: help for template woes with g++
From: [email-masked] (John F. Kolen)

3 Dec 1997 19:20:50 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Those of you who are struggling with linker errors caused by templates (such
as those found in STL) might like to know that -frepo works much better when
combined with -O3.  It turns out that repo stumbles on inlined methods declared
outside the class.  The -O3 forces the compiler to generate inline code,
otherwise the compiler _decides_ what to inline and to generate.  See g++ info
page for more details.

Also, if you use the String class, you should explicitly link with -lg++ as
well. Some critical data definitions reside there.

John

-- 
John F. Kolen				voice: (850)474-3075 
Assistant Professor			fax:   (850)474-3023
Dept. of Computer Science
University of West Florida
Pensacola, FL 32514
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".