Subject: [Q] install problem + what make the installer ?
From: [email-masked] (JEAN YVES TIXADOU)

3 Dec 1997 05:14:49 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I'm new in this list and enjoy to use unix program on my PC.

I have downloading cdk and usertools and as the first step
I have trying to install usertools on an OSR2 W95.

the installation was made with success on one PC but on the other
the (known) message "decompression of %s failed, there may be not
enough space in TEMP dir" (or something like that).

Browsing the entire mailing archive, one suggest to delete all the
file currently in the temp dir and to set var TMP, TEMP and TMPDIR to
the now empty dir.
The message also states that install shield need also place in the
windows/temp dir.

I have 100M free on disk where w95 is installed and 230M on the
partition of the second disk where I have created the dir holds by the
vars TMP... .

After cleaning dir and setting these var the error message remains
unchanged.

Know I want to know what make the install process exactly or in other
words can I copy the successfully installed hierarchy from the first
PC to the other from a tar gzipped archive ?

Does I have to set some Hkey-XXX in the registry database ?

It appears that no file were installed in the w95 dirs, is this true ?

I'm afraid for not being able to install the cdk distrib.

Thanks in advance.

-- 
Best Regards, jy.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".