Subject: Problems running gcc: cpp not found
From: [email-masked] (Himilcon de Castro Carvalho)

2 Dec 1997 13:47:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hello all,

I'm having problems trying to put gcc to work. I've read the FAQ and Mailing
List archives and no answer was found.

After having installed, created c:\bin (and copied sh.exe to it) and c:\tmp,
and set the PATH and environment variables in autoexec.bat (as described in
the README file), gcc continued issuing the message about CPP.

Using the SET command (from dos), I could see that the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX
variable was set to c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386~1\lib\gcc-lib\ . Is it correct to
have the long name H-i386-cygwin32 cut like that? I've tryed also to use
normal slashes "/", and substituting c:\ with //c/, with no result.

Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks a lot,

Himilcon Carvalho

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".