Subject: Re: Too Much Mail Volume
From: [email-masked] (Martin Carl Grant)

2 Dec 1997 07:14:18 -0800
Message-ID: <Pine.SUN.3.96.971202085330.2710A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@klingon>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Cc: [email-masked]

> >I second the idea of moving this mailing list to a newsgroup.
  
> No. This isn't a high traffic mailing list compared to a lot of other
> lists I am on.

How about having someone autopost, (using some kind of elm filter), all
mail which originates on this mailing list.

Likewise any posts on newsgroup that haven't been sent on the mailing 
list could be forwarded.

That way anyone could subscribe to the mailing list or read the newsgroup
and not miss anything.

All we need is a person to write these two scripts, who is also responsible
enough to monitor them.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Grant                    "Fight me!" :-) -Martin 
www.ici.net/cust_pages/mgrant   "Just call me The Doctor."
[email-masked]              "Fizban!  Where?"
---------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".