Subject: Access to SCSI DAT Tape Drive
From: [email-masked] (Michael Anthon)

2 Dec 1997 02:33:38 -0800
Message-ID: <3120D53DC9D5D011A59A00C0F0163833036C11.cygnus.gnu-win32@server1>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: Cygwin Users Mailing List <[email-masked]>

Does anyone know if it is possible to access a SCSI tape drive from
within Cygwin.
I found a thread regardiing this in the archives but it degenerated into
a discussion of the virtues of being multi-lingual without telling me
what I need to know.

I have a Sony DAT Drive.  It is set up as follows

BUS = 0
PORT = 1
LUN = 0
ID = 3

I am not sure what device this would be under Cygwin (assuming that
there is one)

I also have a generic ASPI driver installed for the tape as well ( I
think ).  
The SCSI controller is an Advansys ABP-9X0.

I have a requirement to read a single (very large) file from a tape
written on a unix system using dd and a 512 byte block size.  I can't
seem to find any way to do this under NT so am looking to Cygwin as an
alternative.

Regards
Michael Anthon

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".