Subject: Problems with bash #!
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

1 Dec 1997 23:16:43 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Now I'm pulling my hair out.
I'm having a problem with a script. It's a big script, and I know it
should work OK (dangerous comment to make).
The first line of the script is #!/bin/ksh

/bin/ksh is a copy of the bash.exe in the b18 release directory (it is
the latest from Sergey).
When I delete the #!/bin/ksh line, the script works fine (my SHELL env
variable is also /bin/ksh).

The script problem is weird to say the least. It says there are syntax
errors on lines with no syntax errors, and if you do a slight change to
the script the errors move to a completely different place. The script
in question is quite a large one, and unsurprisingly I can't reproduce
it on a small script.

I have CYGWIN_TTY set to 1. The filesystem is not mounted as binary
(that makes it even worse). It is mounted as,

e:               /                   native      no-mixed,text!=binary

I am running on NT4 SP3.

(OK, the obvious solution is to just take the #!/bin/ksh from the
script, but the script works on 6 other Unix machines, and I hate
changing things just for one machine. Especially when hundreds of
scripts are involved).

Ian Collins. 
KIWIPLAN NZ.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".