Subject: More on mingw32, make, sleep, _sleep, __sleep, and Sleep
From: [email-masked]

1 Dec 1997 17:36:44 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

My apologies about the problems with mingw32.  If you have your
mingmake.bat set your environment variables exactly right (following the
README), ming make will actually generate make.bat files from cygwin
../configured Makefiles, and, in rare instances, will actually make GNU
makefiles without using bash or sh (but don't use a makefile that changes
directories while compiling).

If you are less than exactly right, ming will still compile individual .c
files, but will not make, and will not find sleep, _sleep, __sleep, and
Sleep.

The following is ming gdb running an experimental version of the ming slrn
news reader:

Command name abbreviations are allowed if unambiguous.
(gdb) run
run
Starting program: D:\mingw32\src\slrn\src/slrn.exe
bff30000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\GDI32.DLL
bff60000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\USER32.DLL
bfed0000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ADVAPI32.DLL
7e2e0000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WSOCK32.DLL
bff70000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
7fd50000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CRTDLL.DLL

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMCTL32.DLL": error reading line numbers

7eb40000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHELL32.DLL

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHLWAPI.DLL": error reading line numbers

61000000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\URL.DLL
slrn 0.9.4.3 (Dec  1 1997 14:06:42)

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x438c51 in _image_base__ ()
(gdb)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".