Subject: Re: egcs, C++ and GnuWin32
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

1 Dec 1997 15:50:25 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: "Theodore W. Leung" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Theodore W. Leung wrote:

> I am able to compile and link the program, but when I invoke a.exe, I get an
> error saying that the dll 'll' cannot be found in the path.  As far as I
> can see, there is no ll.dll in the cygwin distribution.  If I do an objdump
> -p on a.exe, I get the stuff below.  Can anyone get me started on how to
> track this down?
> 

Make sure that you're linking with export libraries (eg., libkernel32.a
etc) that were distributed/compiled with egcs gcc, not gnu-win32 b18 gcc.
Could you send me the output of the verbose linking step?

    % gcc -o blah.exe *.o -v -Wl,--verbose

Best if you can share the source code of course, but the above might be
sufficient to see where the problem lies.

Thanks
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".