Subject: Re: cygwin32 (mingw32) news update
From: [email-masked]

1 Dec 1997 02:46:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>
>                   cygwin32 (mingw32) + egcs -- news update
>                                       
>   Mumit Khan ([email-masked])
>       
>Just a heads up for the egcs users -- I just ran the testsuite on the
>latest snapshot (+ extra fixes for template handling + use sjlj for
>exception handling), and the results for i386-cygwin32 are almost as
>good as on i386-linux-gnulibc1!
>

Only one or two problems:

mingw32 make emphatically does not work.  It needs sh.exe, and, when it
gets cygwin sh.exe, it has directory addressing conflicts.  It definitely
does not understand GNU makefiles, even when individual command-line
compiles work.

For some odd reason, compiling a program or library that references sleep,
_sleep, __sleep, or Sleep fails during link, no matter what `extra'
libraries are referenced.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".