Subject: Re: Too Much Mail Volume
From: [email-masked] (Adam Heath)

1 Dec 1997 00:25:18 -0800
Message-ID: <003901bcfe02$114a4140$0b01a8c0.cygnus.gnu-win32@adamheat>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Bellenot <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Sunday, November 30, 1997 6:48 PM
Subject: Too Much Mail Volume

>
>This mailing list has so much volume that I think we would be better
>served with a newsgroup to move the traffic and to provide a FAQ.
>
>How about comp.unix.gnu-win32?
>-

This list does not have high volume.  Last Saturday, Nov 22, one list I am
signed up for had 100 emails between midnight and 2pm.  This is small.  In the
same mail run that I got this email in, I got 18(linux kernel) in another list,
while only 3 here.

 Adam Heath of Borg-Linux [email-masked] Join the H323 effort.  Email
 http://www.debian.org - Get Your Own Linux! [email-masked] with
 http://wwp.mirabilis.com/3375265 - Page Me  the word subscribe in the body.

 Windows 95: --  32-bit extensions and a graphical   Windows v. Linux is
 shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating      a no-win situation.
 originally coded for a 4-bit micropro-
 cessor written by a 2-bit company that   It is nearly impossible to
 can't stand for 1 bit of competition.    look at a penguin and get angry.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".