Subject: gnu-win32/Nov'97 MS Platform SDK
From: [email-masked] (Paul Garceau)

29 Nov 1997 10:19:57 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Hi folks,

	Just spent a good deal of time working on trying to get the latest 
version of MS' Platform SDK to be useable with an NT 4.0/iX86 gnu-win32 
based development environment.

	The latest Platform SDK (Nov '97) release of Win32 has been extensively
modified since March, 1997 and now includes the DX5 foundation headers. 
The patch.dif found in RSXNT 1.3.1 will not work without extensive
modifications since it was built with the March, 1997 version of the MS
Platform SDK in mind.

	Fourteen (14) out of twenty-nine (29) patches will fail when applied 
to the latest Platform SDK (Nov '97); also, you must remove at least the 
first patch directive of patch.dif before the patch program will even run 
since the bh.h file is no longer a part of the Nov '97 Platform SDK.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Chronicles of Aurum: Book I
      A Journey Into the Fantastic
http://www.submergedsoftware.com/
ICQ#977283
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".