Subject: Funny binary file copies from Midnight Commander
From: [email-masked]

29 Nov 1997 07:36:04 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

Funny thing:  The latest versions of Midnight Commander (mc.exe) and the
tcl version (tkmc.exe) don't copy binary files correctly.  For those
familiar with mc, the F5 key for copying files results in oversized copied
text files and truncated copied binary files.  Since the Linux version of
this is almost identical and works right, the question is what's wrong
with the cygwin file functions in this particular case?

Also, starting mc.exe and tkmc.exe in a bash$ window under Windows 95
works correctly, but setting up a Windows shortcut with just the command
line results in a `corrupted stack' error exit from cygwin.  Most other
console apps compiled with cygwin gcc don't have this problem, so I guess
there must be some forking around or whatever going on in the mc and tkmc
startup code.

No doubt b19 will make all these comments obsolete.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".