Subject: pointers &arrays[]
From: [email-masked] (Scott Warner)

28 Nov 1997 00:01:52 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Thanks to all of your who took the time to reply to my query.  Overall,
it's kind of amusing.  I've been left with:

1.  Array names are equivelant to pointers in most cases
2.  Array names are NOT pointers
3.  Array names are pointers
4.  Arrays do not exist, really

Hm.  Here I thought this would be a black & white issue, easily settled. 
In practise I subscribe to 1 and have long suspected 4, which of course
implies 3 although I was emphatically told 2.  All of this, of course, goes
nowhere in solving the question of array names as pointers but it is
interesting!  Thanks again, all who answered.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".