Subject: Re: Legal aspects of using the GNU-Win32 tools?
From: [email-masked] (Jason Zions)

26 Nov 1997 05:24:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Reinhard Dunkel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

You're missing a nice long talk with the University legal department;
they exist for exactly this reason. Please, for your sake, talk to
someone with a license to practice law.

Personal opinions about what the cygwin license means are *worthless*;
even the personal opinions of the non-lawyers at Cygnus. The precise
meaning of legal terminology is frequently counter-intuitive;
common-sense reasoning about license terms can be dangerous.

The only way you'll know for sure whether or not you're okay is by
spending some, um, "quality time" with a lawyer.

Jason Zions
Softway Systems, makers of OpenNT, POSIX for Windows NT
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".