Subject: non-blocking io on serial
From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Garff)

25 Nov 1997 04:43:46 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I figured out how to get the serial port open for reading under NT.  It
was fairly easy, I changed the device name to com3.  It appears that the
tcgetattr and tcsetattr function are in the cygwin libraries, since I was
able to link the code without problem.  Unfortunately it seems they don't
work as they do in UNIX.  I am setting the handle to non-blocking mode and
to wait for a period of 1/10 of a second or so.  When the program executes
under windows the read call blocks forever.  Is there a way to set a
handle to not block under NT with tcsetattr?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Garff
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".