Subject: g++ "Not owner messages"
From: [email-masked]

25 Nov 1997 02:33:13 -0800
Message-ID: <H00000b902f1ab60.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

> These "not owner" messages frequently appear when running g++
 ...
> Does this happen to everybody? I'm using b18 in a completely standard
> fashion, in
> the default directories, etc. It happens from a DOS window as well as
from a 
> bash shell.

Russ, I have this problem as well on a virgin b18 installation on
Windows 95.  

I've found that this error usually occurs when the DOS box you're
running your make in (with Bash, of course) loses the input focus. 

I've seen this error come up when the screen saver kicks in and when
I've just clicked into another window.

I suspect there is a "moment of vulnerability" that occurs repeatedly
during the make and if the input changes focus at the wrong time ...
oops.

- - - Phil
 
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".