Subject: Make crashes periodically
From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hughes)

24 Nov 1997 11:26:44 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I periodically get the following crash while trying to compile a rather large set of files

(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) Exception trapped!
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) exception C0000005 at 1001ABC6
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) exception: ax 0 bx 1 cx 419350 dx 0
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) exception: si 2 di 0 bp 241E320 sp 241E31C
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) Stack trace:
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 0: sp = 0x241E150, pc = 0x10007B9A
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 1: sp = 0x241E16C, pc = 0x77F94512
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 2: sp = 0x241E190, pc = 0x77F88EEB
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 3: sp = 0x241E21C, pc = 0x77F76266
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 4: sp = 0x241E320, pc = 0x402271
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 5: sp = 0x241E334, pc = 0x40252D
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 6: sp = 0x241E36C, pc = 0x4020E6
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 7: sp = 0x241E404, pc = 0x402963
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 8: sp = 0x241E438, pc = 0x40176E
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 9: sp = 0x241E450, pc = 0x40CA7E
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 10: sp = 0x241E460, pc = 0x40C35E
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 11: sp = 0x241E498, pc = 0x40B787
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 12: sp = 0x241E4B4, pc = 0x40B53C
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 13: sp = 0x241E4F4, pc = 0x406E9F
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 14: sp = 0x241F034, pc = 0x100063AE
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) frame 15: sp = 0x241FF94, pc = 0x100063BF
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 12104) End of stack trace (more stack frames may be present)

This is repeatable but not at will - it just occurs at random points. 

Any ideas?

Kevin

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".