Subject: Re: Question about bash and case sensitive exports
From: [email-masked] (Tomas Fasth)

23 Nov 1997 22:27:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>

I got a hint that a possible DOS compatibility fix in cygwin.dll is the
cause for my problem. Am I the only one experiencing problems because of
this minor (POSIX?) incompatibility?
Does lower-case variable names in the DOS environment break existing DOS
programs? I'm not very happy with a situation were ancient DOS
restrictions is overruling compatibility with an environment which
cygwin32 are suppose to emulate in an as seamless as possible manner
(i.e. Unix).

I might look deeper into a possible solution. A good compromise seem to
be if compatibility with both environments could be uphold. I have an
idea of keeping record of non-DOS variables separately and provide them
when asked for by programs linked with cygwin.dll.

Is this something the gnu-win32 community want to have fixed?

Tomas
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".