Subject: Re: MS Platform SDK now available
From: [email-masked] (Weiqi Gao)

22 Nov 1997 07:53:17 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Paul Garceau wrote:

>         Speed, for me, is the key, when it comes to referencing anything that
> can even partially resemble a major development project...and the one I
> am working on is definitely one of those major projects.  I'd be more than
> happy to download an 8M file if it has all of the Win32 documentation
> (calls, syntax, etc.).  Heck, I'd even be willing to convert it to
> something that people can effectively use.  I was extremely disappointed
> (thanks to MS, it would seem) to not find complete documentation as part
> of their November 1997 Platform SDK download.

How about a code editor that "auto-completes" function names as you type
them, a la URL combo box in Netscape Communicator or IE?

Can we create a win32-submode for c-mode in EMACS to do this?  Imagine
typing "int WINAPI WinM<End>" and get "int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE
hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpszCmdLine, int nCmdShow)"
automatically.

--
Weiqi Gao
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".