Subject: Extremely useful NT tools (some w/source) & info (Re: NT benchmarking)
From: [email-masked] (John Stoecker)

22 Nov 1997 05:26:36 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

I have found a number of the tools at www.ntinternals.com to be helpful
in trying to track down strange NT behavior or to understand what NT is
doing. NTFilemon and NTRegmon in particular have helped me retain hair
:o].  NTInternals is also the homepage of the famous NTFSDos program.

Re: benchmarking, there's a tool available there, NTFrob, that allows
adjusting the timeslize quanta, and NTPmon, that "watches process and
thread creation and deletion".

I'd also recommend "Inside Windows NT" by Helen Custer for insight into
the kernel and scheduling (if you don't already have it)  ISBN:
155615481X.  (for more info on the book check out www.amazon.com
and search by title or ISBN).

John

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".