Subject: Petzold example
From: [email-masked] (Bawer Dagdeviren)

21 Nov 1997 22:02:52 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Gnu-win32 mailinglist <[email-masked]>

GBradfor wrote :

>      Colin,
>
>      Thanks for the help!  It works, sorta-kinda!  It's still not
finding
>      the correct entry point (the -e option should work now, though),
and
>      the .wav file isn't being played; but, hey!, there is a Window on
the
>      screen, and it looks the way it should!  The other things are
just
>      details.
>

I had problems with the header from microsoft because gcc didn't like
anonoumus
unions or structs. I had to delete all these structs and thus make every
variable
allocated for. And when I linked the example you mentioned with libwinmm
(-lwinmm)
the sound of Petzold could be heard at last! =)

I would also like to ask a general question about headers to everyone
that reads
this. I'm not a legal guru and therefore I was  wondering what the
restrictions are
to take the Microsoft headers and change them a bit? (stupid question
maybe, but as
I said I have no idea whatsoever about copyright in this context).

Bawer

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".