Subject: Re: Is there any Profiler for GNU???
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

21 Nov 1997 18:25:16 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked] (Vladimir Kozlov)
Cc: [email-masked]

> As I know, there is a profiler called 'prof' (or 'gprof') for evaluating
> the execution time of different subroutines. (I've found it ffrom docs:
> there are options -p and -gp to generate info for them.) Could you
> please give me some ideas where I can find it?

I believe gprof sources are included in the b18 sources.  That said,
they do not work because gcc -pg needs an mcount function that isn't
part of the i386-cygwin32 toolchain (whereever it needs to be).  I've
been intending to look into this but haven't had time yet.  (I bet the
Linux community has already solved this problem for Linux so we might
be able to learn from what they did).

Please let me know if anyone has gotten it working (or gets it working
soon).  Thanks!

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".