Subject: SGI STL library problem
From: [email-masked] (Russ Vreeland)

21 Nov 1997 13:37:02 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi:

I've been trying to use the SGI STL library recently. This is per
suggestion of
several answers from this group suggesting it as an answer to the problems
I was
having of using g++ with many <vector> objects from the STL.

Now, I'm getting this from a simple compile (not a link).

g++  -fexceptions -I/Programming/sgistl -c Params.cc
In file included from /Programming/sgistl/algobase.h:46,
                 from /Programming/sgistl/vector.h:44,
                 from /Programming/sgistl/vector:26,
                 from ParsedString.h:22,
                 from Params.cc:17:
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:212: warning: to refer to a type member of a
template parameter,
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:212: warning:   use `typename
Predicate::argument_type'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:217: syntax error before `&'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:229: warning: to refer to a type member of a
template parameter,
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:229: warning:   use `typename
Predicate::first_argument_type'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:229: warning: to refer to a type member of a
template parameter,
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:229: warning:   use `typename
Predicate::second_argument_type'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:234: syntax error before `&'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:248: warning: to refer to a type member of a
template parameter,
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:248: warning:   use `typename
Operation::second_argument_type'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:248: warning: to refer to a type member of a
template parameter,
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:248: warning:   use `typename
Operation::result_type'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:251: syntax error before `;'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:254: syntax error before `&'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:255: missing ';' before right brace
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:257: syntax error before `operator'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:257: syntax error before `::'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:257: non-member function `operator ()(...)'
cannot have `const' method qualifier
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:257: `operator ()(...)' must be a nonstatic
member function
/Programming/sgistl/function.h: In function `int operator ()(...)':
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:258: warning: implicit declaration of
function `int op(...)'
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:258: `value' undeclared (first use this
function)
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:258: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:258: for each function it appears in.)
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:258: `x' undeclared (first use this function)
/Programming/sgistl/function.h: At top level:
/Programming/sgistl/function.h:260: syntax error before `}'
g++: Internal compiler error: program cc1plus got fatal signal 33
make: *** [Params.o] Error 1

Any suggestions? I put #include <stlconf.h> and #include <vector> in the
file Params.cc.  Is that enough?  The configure for the SGI STL went well, it
"saw" and "found" what it oughta, as far as I could tell.

****************************************
Russ Vreeland
IKOS Consulting Services
Carslbad, CA
****************************************
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".