Subject: Error in installation (fwd)
From: [email-masked] (Peter David ROSS)

21 Nov 1997 08:38:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Problem solved.

I used ncftp to autodownload it and it choose an ASCII connection.

Pete.
----- Forwarded message from petdr -----

From petdr Thu Nov 20 10:52:49 1997
Subject: Error in installation
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:52:49 +1100 (EST)
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4ME+ PL15 (25)]
Content-Length:   829

Hi,

I was trying to install cdk.exe (from the latest dir).

I downloaded it twice and both times I got the following error at 98% of
the Install-Shield stage.

The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough free disk space
available in the TEMP directory.

I am running under win95 on a Cyrix P200+ chip with 32Mb of RAM and the
C:\ drive has 235Mb spare on it. TEMP was set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP and was
empty initially. There was also a directory called C:\TEMP in case that
was the problem.

Any help?

Cheers,
Pete.
----
 +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
 | Peter Ross    Sci/Eng Melbourne Uni                                  |
 | email: [email-masked]     WWW: http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~petdr      |
 +----------------------------------------------------------------------+

----- End of forwarded message from petdr -----
----
 +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
 | Peter Ross    Sci/Eng Melbourne Uni                                  |
 | email: [email-masked]     WWW: http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~petdr      |
 +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".