Subject: Re: MS Platform SDK now available
From: [email-masked] (Paul Garceau)

20 Nov 1997 23:05:54 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Hi folks,

	Please, forgive me for not being more specific...

On 20 Nov 97 at 9:21, the Illustrious Axel Riese wrote:

> Hi again !
> 
> > 	Anyone had the opportunity to attempt using the Platform SDK under 
> > Gnu-Win32 (eg. mingw32)?  If so, are there any steps I need to take in 
> > order to enable it for this NT 4.0 system?
> 
> Yes, I use the MS headers with both GNU-Win32 and mingw32. They in fact
> need some changes. But most of them are covered by the patch file that
> comes with the RSXNT package. What remains to do is to change some
> definitions in shellobj.h (or whatever it is called) and some other files
> included by this one. Personally, I think it's worth the effort, because
> you get some nice additional features like DDE, ...

	The NT 4.0 system I am using is an ix86 based system.  I guess I was 
asking if there were any written walk-throughs that can facilitate my 
making the latest (November 1997) version of the Platform SDK useable by 
Mingw32.  Would the RSXNT package be useable on a non-RSX machine?

	I realize that there may be a need to re-build all of the 
Platform SDK libraries for Mingw32 (which may in fact be the best 
solution)...I simply have no idea where to begin on such an endeavor.

	Thanks again everyone for your support and feedback.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Chronicles of Aurum: Book I
      A Journey Into the Fantastic
http://www.submergedsoftware.com/
ICQ#977283
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".