Subject: Re: Win32 Online Documentation?
From: [email-masked] (Axel Riese)

20 Nov 1997 15:55:09 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi all!
 
> Greetings,
> 
> 	I realize this has been asked before (way back in February).  I also
> realize that MS is very greedy when it comes to making Win32
> documentation available in an easy to use format such as .html or NT .hlp 
> files.  Even so, I am wondering if anyone, besides MS, has something like 
> that available for download.  As it stands, they are making all the SDKs 
> available if the company desiring nothing more than documentation are 
> willing to add another $US500/yr to the MS coffers.
 
Some months ago I downloaded the file api32wh.hlp from somewhere. This is a
rather big (8 MB) Windows Help file from Microsoft which describes most of
the Win32 API functions in detail. For me, this documentation turned out to
be very useful for writing Win32 applications, since with a programmable
editor you can quickly look up information on a specific function, structure,
etc.

Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got this file from (actually an address
ending with .ac.uk), but it should not be too difficult to figure this out.
However I remember that the version at ftp.funet.fi was broken !

Hope this helps,

   Axel

===============================================================================
Axel Riese
Research Institute for Symbolic Computation
J. Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz                              e-Mail: [email-masked]
Austria             URL: http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/research/combinat/risc/
===============================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".