Subject: Re: MS Platform SDK now available
From: [email-masked] (Jan-Jaap van der Heijden)

20 Nov 1997 14:00:02 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Jan-Jaap van der Heijden <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: GNU-Win32 list <[email-masked]>

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Paul Garceau wrote:

> 	Anyone had the opportunity to attempt using the Platform SDK under 
> Gnu-Win32 (eg. mingw32)?  If so, are there any steps I need to take in 
> order to enable it for this NT 4.0 system?
> 

I've been playing with a mingw32 EGCS compiler and the MS Platform SDK.
It won't work out of the box. I added these switches to the "predefines"
section of GCC the GCC specs file:

  -D_STDCALL_SUPPORTED -D_M_IX86=1 -D_inline=__inline__
  -D_cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__)) -D__declspec(dllimport)=

You will have to remove, or rewrite some functions in inline assembly from
winnt.h, because they use intel syntax, not AT&T like GNU does.

It works as long as you supply -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN with CFLAGS, and
ignore a flood of GCC warnings. I only tested it on a few trivial
programs, though.

Happy hacking,

JanJaap

---
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going
to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead.  -- RFC1925.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".