Subject: b18 sys/socket.h: corrections
From: [email-masked] (Richard H. Gumpertz)

19 Nov 1997 09:44:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

PROBLEM 1: The b18 version of sys/socket.h declares the second
parameter of cygwin32_recvfrom to be char *.  This should be changed
to void * as was done for all the other calls that take buffers (such
as cygwin32_recv).

PROBLEM 2: This same sys/socket.h does not define the SO_* macros.
The Unix versions of that file usually do define them.  Should
the following definitions, or something equivalent, be added?
    #define SO_SNDBUF   0x1001  /* send buffer size */
    #define SO_RCVBUF   0x1002  /* receive buffer size */
    #define SO_SNDLOWAT 0x1003  /* send low-water mark */
    #define SO_RCVLOWAT 0x1004  /* receive low-water mark */
    #define SO_SNDTIMEO 0x1005  /* send timeout */
    #define SO_RCVTIMEO 0x1006  /* receive timeout */
    #define SO_ERROR    0x1007  /* get error status and clear */
    #define SO_TYPE     0x1008  /* get socket type */
Is there another, perhaps better, way to allow setsockopt and
getsockopt to be called that I have overlooked?
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".