Subject: GDB trouble
From: [email-masked] (Brad Scott)

18 Nov 1997 19:10:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

I've searched the archives and online help, and I can't find an answer to
my problem. Gcc and bash seem to work fine, but gdb keeps crashing my
system. It will run for a short while, but after I've entered 3 or 4
commands, it freezes up. If I try to shut it down from windows, the whole
computer freezes, to the extent where I can't even re-boot it without
turning it off and on. I'm using windows95, and I've tried running gdb from
dos, bash and tclsh, and its the same with all of them. I installed tmp and
bin directories as instucted, and here's what I added to autoexec.bat:
SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin
SET GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
SET TCL_LIBRARY=C:/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/lib/tcl7.6
SET GDBTK_LIBRARY=C:/gnuwin32/b18/share/gdbtcl
SET LIBRARY_PATH=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib;
I tried re-doing the installation from the download file, but that didn't
do anything.
I'm pretty clueless with unix, so I'm hoping thats what my problem is.
Thanks
Brad
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".