Subject: OpenGL with gcc
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Neiderer)

18 Nov 1997 03:36:32 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

I am trying to link OpenGL libraries glut.lib, glu.lib, and opengl.lib
by SGI with a simple application in my first OpenGL program.  I am doing 
this on an Intel-based machine running NT 4.0.  My program simply looks
like this

#include <stdio.h>

#include <GL/gl.h>      /* OpenGL constants, types, function protypes */
#include <GL/glu.h>     /* OpenGL utility library (GLU) constants, types, function protypes */
#include <GL/glut.h>    /* OpenGL Utility Toolkit (GLUT) constants, types, function protypes */

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{

#ifdef Debug
fprintf(stdout,"\n main() \n\n");
#endif

  glutInit(&argc,argv);

}

It compiles fine using

gcc -c main.c

But when I try to generate the executeable

gcc -o main.exe main.o C:/usr/lib/GL/glut.lib C:/usr/lib/GL/glu.lib C:/usr/lib/GL/opengl.lib

I get

main.o(.text+0x3d):main.c: undefined reference to glutInit.
gcc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1.

The above works fine on my SGI running IRIX 6.2.  My goal is to move OpenGL
applications from my SGI to our Intergraph but I first must be able to do the
above.  Please help as I am ready to give up.  Thanks.

- Andy Neiderer

PS  I tried using Microsoft libraries glut32.lib, glu32.lib, opengl32.lib but
    it made no difference.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".